Saturday, February 18, 2017

Star Trekin' - The Man Trap

The Man Trap

The crew arrives on a planet to give a medical review to a scientist and is wife, only for them to begin to lose crew members in mysterious circumstances.


Now that I am through the 2 pilots, I am going to begin with the series in the order that it aired, mainly because I am watching it on blu-ray and it's just easier to do that than to keep bouncing between discs. So the first episode aired is The Man Trap, which features Dr. McCoy, who wasn't in the pilots. DeForest Kelly is the third most important piece of the Trek puzzle, and he's one that usually gets overlooked in favor of Kirk and Spock, which was unfortunate. Kirk and Spock were great together, but there needed someone to balance Spock's logical manner. And McCoy's bleeding heart was the thing the show needed.

This episode is a monster show, with the crew dealing with the mystery of what is happening to the crew while they are at a planet doing a medical review of the husband of McCoy's ex-girlfriend. It isn't a mystery to the audience, and while it's a fun episode, you kind of figure things out before the crew. But the reveal of the Salt Vampire and the costume itself is one of the classic images from the original series. I mean it isn't scary for me as an adult but I am sure that it would scare my 5 year old if I showed it to her.

The Man Trap is another good episode. It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment